PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2019, 09:03
Rated De

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dragon man

Judging by the loads I look at every day I would load factors are falling also domestically the only thing saving their bacon with 737 breakdowns is lower demand enabling flights to be cancelled. Some days up to 10 737s are out with engineering issues.
Do they need a new fleet?
Or just CEO?

Disagree. Hate on Joyce, Wirth and those Angels all you like, but brand and reputation matter. 2011 damaged the brand badly but I think it's been rebuilt a lot since then. PER-LHR, Sunrise, and all of the media on Qantas focusing on sleep studies, sleep products and sleep-enhancing food and drink... They all build a brand around Qantas being better at long haul than other airlines.
The brand damage inflicted according to some detailed research was in excess of AUD $ 1 billion..
The same moron who tried to kill the "terminal" Qantas, went to Dubai, abandoning Singapore, only to go back again with a "transformed" airline is now trying to reinvigorate the "brand" he apparently single handedly decided to destroy on a Saturday morning in October 2011.