PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2019, 21:23
DutchRoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dragon man
Yes 80% voted it up and all those that I talk to say they were conned and wouldn’t do it again. A 35% increase in productivity and now they want the same again, a great deal.
Yeah although I don't necessarily disagree with that result based on the info we had at the time, I think most pilots voted for it in good faith believing (naively in hindsight) that Qantas would see genuine intent from the pilots and reciprocate with genuine intent of their own. I wouldn't be placing bets on the same result this time around. Not from the general mood I've seen at the moment - that ship has sailed. The common vibe is "we gave up a lot just to get the 787 and now they basically want the same again on top of the existing concessions?"

But I'm sensing with all the internal BS coming from certain management sycophants right now that they're actually spoiling for a fight to align us more with LCC conditions, and they seem to be greasing up the media in preparation. I'm just psyching myself up for more "I'm really one of the lower paid workers compared to the pilots" tripe from the CEO, just like he did during the last dispute.