PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More "I wish I hadn't said that.."
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2003, 14:05
BEagle

Received 279 Likes on 113 Posts
Another nice-guy American:

A senior SAC general officer was shopping in the Offutt BX. In those days only the really important folk had talking bricks...as did this chap. A little girl with her young mum were also shopping. Little girl, in one of those penetrating voices that can be heard 2 states away, spots the brick and pipes up "WHAT'S THAT FOR??". General looks bemused and says, "Err, why, that's so I can talk to the Tooth Fairy". Little girl goes all wide-eyed "Really, gosh, I've got a loose tooth!" "Uh-huh, let's see what we can do about that" replies the general, "Where do you live?". Little girl tells him, so General picks up his brick and snaps into the mike "Crystal Palace, this is Big Horn - gemme the Tooth Fairy" There is a moment's silence before a querying voice says "Err, say again, Sir?".."Yeah, this is Big Horn, GET..ME..THE..TOOTH..FAIRY!!". A moment's pause and a voice squeaks "Hi, this is the Tooth Fairy!"

"See - told you I could talk to the Tooth Fairy", smiles the General, "Tooth Fairy, this is Big Horn, you gotta mission at (LG's address) - is that a roger?"

"Tooth Fairy, roger" replies the brick, the General winks at the little girl's mum and they go happily on their way.....