PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2019, 20:41
ScepticalOptomist

Received 109 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Snakecharma
Thanks BNT,

the pics give me the answer. re segregated I thought it meant flight and cabin crew not male/female (if that is what you were alluding to) but I see dragon man means (I think) that the two bunks only have a short partition between them.

i don’t know about the jumbo, but the 777 has a much longer partition between the two bunks and they are much more private than the ones in the pic.

interesting for long sectors, I would have thought the layout would make the rest less comfortable.
The crew rest is fine - not great.

The pictures don’t adequately show the dividing heavy curtain well - the bunks are totally private - the curtain is a very heavy gauge and does what it should.

The only hassle is that there is a shared space with only one seat in it. If you need to change before crawling in to the bed and the other person is sitting in the chair, you are not given much room / privacy to do so.

Of course there are many ways to mitigate the issues, but it is worse than the other fleets rest areas in regards to privacy / toilet access etc.