PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seniority
Thread: Seniority
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2019, 21:12
3Greens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NoelEvans
He was. He was forced to retire at that stupid age of 55 as it was at the time. Then he started as a DEC in a non-seniority LCC.

I do not "not give two hoots" (double negative, making a positive) about FOs waiting for command. If you read carefully what I've said I have strongly supported what someone here has put forward as a "first come first served" system and have given details about how this would even give protection to 'long standing FOs" against DECs being recruited over them. I feel it is a better system, just as transparent and 'protects' everyone more fairly. Read what is actually said more carefully before making accusations.

As for the '65 thing', that is a separate topic and if you would like to open a Thread on that I am more than happy to debate that with you there.
something doesn’t add up here Noel. If he retired at that stupid age 55, then he retired pre 2006. At the time in BA long haul commands were sitting around the 15 years service mark, if he’d done 19 years then he’d have been reasonably ok lifestyle wise even in the LHS of a BA777. Not many people at all pre 2006 retired as an FO by choice at 55 in BA purely because it had an enormous impact on the NAPS final salary pension (best 2 of last 5 years service). Very very unusual for the time to retire as an FO by choice.
He must have been an exceptional pilot to get a direct entry command after retiring from BA too, seeing as he didn’t have any previous airline command time it seems. Not many people get that kind of opportunity.

Last edited by 3Greens; 18th Oct 2019 at 21:35.