PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL Diary?
Thread: CPL Diary?
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2003, 08:07
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CPL Diary?

The Private Flying forum is full of reports of first solos, qualifying cross countries and skills tests. It doesn't take too much time searching the Web to find diaries of PPL students, or even the occassional FAA IR student - and we can't forget PPRuNe's very own Pink Aviator. Only last week, another PPRuNer posted a link to his seaplane rating diary.

But I've never seen a CPL diary on-line.

Whenever I ask anyone about the CPL, all they say is that "it's the same as the PPL but you have to be more accurate". So what exactly do you do for the 25 hours you have to spend in the air with an instructor? Which bits do people find easy or difficult? Interesting or tedious?

Anyway, here I am in sunny Florida (ok, so it's not so sunny right now - it's barely stopped raining since I got here!), a whole day into my CPL experience. So I thought that, if anyone would be interested in it, I'd write a diary and post it here.

Let me know if you think this would be interesting. If no one's interested then I won't waste my time with it, but if it's going to be useful then I'll post daily updates, describing the flying that I've done each day.

FFF
------------------