PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2019, 19:47
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flybe & TUI

Originally Posted by sixchannel
This has all the look of shutting down the Operation bit by bit rather than any integration, re-branding, etc.
Cowardice Management technique - it happened to me once back in the day.. Cut the branches off the tree one by one until only the trunk was left and then they grew a pair and finally chopped it down and put it out of its misery. Excuse the bad metaphor.
I couldn't agree more, it appears it is being stage-managed and it is now at the point where you dare not look at the schedule. Knock weekly in January - come on what is the point, Inverness 3 a week, Stuttgart halved in January, Amsterdam on some days 7 down to 4 and although immediately after New Year things can be difficult but these are by far the most severe cuts I have ever seen.

TUI

Things move slowly in TUI land but they have added a third Hurghada for winter on a Thursday which means that all the extra flights this winter which they added in release 1 and then removed (other than Agadir which remained) are back.

Hurghada was a Tuesday but now is Thursday and from 21 Nov 7 based flights showing, 788 (MCT), 789 (BGI) and AGA, BVC, HRG, LPA & ACE.

The post New Year schedule is still reduced with zero FUE for 3 weeks, AGA, NBE and RAK resting as well plus the 3 LPA's down to 1 at times. I have never seen the Canaries reduced even in January other than FUE which was shared with Thomas Cook.

Summer 2020 shows zero increases as yet but three based flights now away based (AYT, DLM & NBE) and more interestingly Flybe still shown on SZG and MXP.

Like other posters have said on the TUI thread I am not sure why the 787 schedule has one aircraft positioning in to operate one flight a week. Hopefully this will change to 7 days and operate to the Med as rumoured even if there doesn't appear to be any room with the 787 utilisation at present.

The April 787 schedule is very impressive with 2 based most days and they have brought forward the second Sanford to April.

Pete