PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seniority
Thread: Seniority
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2019, 18:54
NoelEvans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 3Greens

Doesnt make any sense. I assume you mean in BA, as that’s the only gig where LH commands sit around 19years? This FO could have had a SH command at virtually anytime of their choosing during the last 15 years. My guess is they preferred to sit in the RHS for “lifestyle” reasons that have little to do with command opportunities being stifled. Also ask him (or her) about the pensions tax, and if that had anything to do with it, rather than “seniority”.
He was. He was forced to retire at that stupid age of 55 as it was at the time. Then he started as a DEC in a non-seniority LCC.

I do not "not give two hoots" (double negative, making a positive) about FOs waiting for command. If you read carefully what I've said I have strongly supported what someone here has put forward as a "first come first served" system and have given details about how this would even give protection to 'long standing FOs" against DECs being recruited over them. I feel it is a better system, just as transparent and 'protects' everyone more fairly. Read what is actually said more carefully before making accusations.

As for the '65 thing', that is a separate topic and if you would like to open a Thread on that I am more than happy to debate that with you there.