PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seniority
Thread: Seniority
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2019, 16:57
3Greens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NoelEvans
An amusing attempt to "snatch victory from the jaws of defeat" on the seniority argument: a 'beneficiary' of seniority when it was exactly that seniority situation that stifled his opportunities
Doesnt make any sense. I assume you mean in BA, as that’s the only gig where LH commands sit around 19years? This FO could have had a SH command at virtually anytime of their choosing during the last 15 years. My guess is they preferred to sit in the RHS for “lifestyle” reasons that have little to do with command opportunities being stifled. Also ask him (or her) about the pensions tax, and if that had anything to do with it, rather than “seniority”.
On the BALPA forum you’re a great advocate of abolishing the 65 age limit Noel; it seems all you want is whatever suits you, right now. Is that fair? What YOU want is to be able to move around companies seeking a better deal for yourself, keep your command and all the while not give two hoots about the copilots that are patiently waiting for their opportunity at the LHS.
I’ve worked in a non seniority airline and now spent 20 years in BA. Give me the seniority system any day over the nepotistic, good lads, ex squadron bull**** of my last outfit.