PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AMEs: Does the Duty of Care stop here?
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2019, 22:54
plane_777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMEs: Does the Duty of Care stop here?

Hi there,

I recently failed a UK CAA Class 1 and was looking to appeal it. I am aware of the basic guidance from the CAA site regarding this matter. When I attempted to contact my AME about it , he just had his secretary forward me the same link to the same CAA site. I feel that I would really like to touch base with him to get some direction on the appeals procedure regarding acquiring expert opinion/reasoning for appeal request etc (surely with all his years of experience, he will at very least be able to provide vague direction or basic tips on what they are requiring), but do I have a right to this or do I have to go it alone?

I previously failed my Class 2 but successfully appealed it, I had to complete this process with zero assistance from a different AME, I decided just to appeal it directly to the CAA myself after he offered to help in return for £175 per hour for his clearly over-priced and unnecessary "advice".

I feel a little fobbed-off by my current AME who I've paid £700+ (which to me is quite a lot of money) and feel its a little cheap (not to mention inhumane) for him to not even provide the most basic shred of guidance, but at the same time I am unfamiliar with this process and unsure of what my rights are here so I am not sure who is being unreasonable with regards expectation here, me or him?

Thank you,

Sarah

Last edited by plane_777; 16th Oct 2019 at 23:04.