PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SPZ-7600 ILS problem
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2019, 18:51
karote

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gulliBell
Isn't there a magic black box you can plug the ILS receiver in to to check the proper electronic functioning of the system and indications? If they check out OK then the pitch servo theory comes next (assuming it's an aircraft type that has a dedicated pitch servo). Assuming the guys flying it know the magic number TQ reduction at top of drop that gets you on a pretty good GP all the way down without touching anything. Certainly in the S76 with SPZ7600, if you decouple the collective mode, the proper manual power reduction at the top of drop should have you on the GP all the way down without having to touch anything....maybe just a click or 2 of pitch trim every now and then.
Hi, thank you for your reply. We have check the functionality of the NAV receiver with the IFR4000 ramp generator and based on these measurements, the NAV radio is working and the EHSI shows deviations correctly. This is by the way B412.

"Assuming the guys flying it know the magic number TQ reduction at top of drop that gets you on a pretty good GP all the way down without touching anything" Could you please explain this a little bit more? I'm an avionic system engineer and not a pilot. I have tried to ask if the pilots are completely sure how to fly this 3-axis R/C and well, I believe them. But if there is something that I could still challenge them about , please let me know.