PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Right to work in Europe
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2019, 18:02
The Foss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol
Yes I suspect that to be the case. I am hoping someone has experience working in Europe on some form of spouse/partnership visa (ie, without a European passport).

I’d think it must be possible, there’d be plenty of non-European pilots with European partners keen to work in Europe, and would like to hear any success (or otherwise) stories.

I’m about to embark on an expensive conversion process, and am curious on what potential limitations I would have if Brexit is a hard one.
Your spouse can bring you to any eu country which isn’t their own using ‘eu treaty rights’ where you will have the same rights as an eu citizen including right to work, access healthcare etc. We did this in two different eu countries with my non European spouse.

You can get a 5 year residence card which can be converted to a permanent one / citizenship if you stay that long, however keep in mind that your initial right to live / work there relies on them actually exercising their treaty rights in that particular country, which means they have to be either employed, self employed, a student or self sufficient there.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.