PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - look for flight school in JoBurg
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2019, 16:25
cavortingcheetah
Está servira para distraerle.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Many long African moons ago I dod some flight training with and for these people.
​​​​​​FTS Grand Central.
They're as commercial a bunch as the rest of them but always had a pretty good ethos and a well disciplined flight staff. I think your interests might be served by contacting them and finding out whether they still run an accommodation based operation.
The answer to your February question is that a five or six week PPL is certainly possible provided that you have structured it properly and have the $s saved up front.
In that regard, do yourself a favour or two. Never pay large amounts of money to anyone upfront for training. It's a better idea to put a couple of grand US$ into a kitty and then pay as you fly by card.
Get yourself a medical before you pay out anything, There used to be an AME at the field and he could certainly issue ATPL renewals on the spot:
Aerospace Medicine, Grand Central.
Ingham might have retired by now but someone else will probably have bought into the business.
Lastly, I would just check with your regulatory authority and make sure that in their eyes, you will have what you think you'll have with an SA PPL which is something that I don't remember as being of any great significance or advantage in the wide world of aviation.