PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2019, 09:58
dragon man

Received 605 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by morno
Here's a thought to ponder. It appears obvious that the older generation would find it harder to tolerate long term long haul flying, so what about looking at it from a different perspective of this type of flying being for younger guys in the 20-40 year old range?

Please don't see this as antagonising any of you QFers (like you thought I was before), but maybe the whole "seniority" thing is partly where the problem lies. The Captain's (perhaps some older FO's as well) doing this flying are mostly in the latter stages on their careers/lives, and they're in these positions mostly because of seniority.

Perhaps it's not the type of flying people in the 45-65 year old age group should be doing?

Thoughts?

My thoughts as an over 60. I cope better now than I did when younger, I come home and there’s no kids to deal with any more and a lot less pressure around the house to give me more time to recover. It doesn’t matter how you polish the turd long haul back to back flying across a huge time change is bloody tough.