PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LOT Polish Airlines hiring
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2019, 14:34
7oodaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BarryMG
I would expect LOT to be the least welcoming carrier in Poland for foreigners. Plenty of other options there fortunately, usually better than LOT anyway (despite being on the lower end in Europe - I'm talking Ryr, Wizz, Enter etc.). Then there are a couple of executive gigs in Warsaw, and if you dig that kind of work, you could also try your local flight school - Bartolini - they're pretty international, in need of instructors I hear, and definitely could help a bit with the conversion if you agreed to work there (I'm not affiliated with them btw.). If family is more important than money, there's nothing better than working in your town and being home every evening.
thanks Barry for your reply, i've seriously thought about Bartolini but im not sure of their salary, but yes i will definitely try with them after i finish my license conversion .

Originally Posted by Hawker400
The fact of the matter is that you will need an EASA license, either now or in the future.

As someone living in Poland who has converted an ICAO to EASA you should apply for the exams as soon as possible. With your hours and ATP license you can self-sponsor and go directly for the exams (1068zł). You can only do this while your rating is still valid. The practical isn't so cheap or easy but you have plenty of time to plan that once the exams are out of the way.

I think there are better options and to be honest as a foreigner in Poland even with EU passport it's a very discriminating place. But to each his own..
yes Hawker i already sent my application to the ULC but it's been 1 month and now one sent me back, i will call them or even go to their office, but yes i will definitely finish the conversion asap . thanks .