PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LOT Polish Airlines hiring
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2019, 16:56
Michael S

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KT1988
@Michael S: I do not deny that what people wrote about has happened, I just told about what I heard from pilots flying for LOT. Obviously I am not yet done with all my licenses (close to the finish now) so I am not yet flying for any airline and have not been at any assessment. I was just telling feedback about the sim that I got from someone who recently got a job at LOT plus telling what I heard from pilots flying there for a long time.

I was just surprised that people were so surprised that a national legacy airline may wish first of all to hire Polish speakers. Since I saw no "outrage" that for example Lufthansa, Air France or KLM prefer native speakers of their respective languages (while all proficient in those languages can apply). Rather the other way around people from UK were unhappy that "everyone" is applying to British Airways since its "their national legacy carrier" so no wonder people in each nation can have the idea that it should be "for us first, since its our national carrier".
Wish you a success with your licence. There's unfortunately more unpleasant surprises for you to come.
Anyway LOT is a discrimnatory place, but not more than other national carriers. It may be a nice place to be for a Pole, but it won't be for someone with arab background, as Poland generally is an unpleasant place for people of this origin.