PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2019, 05:14
morno

Received 318 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by Going Boeing

Morno, please explain what was incorrect with my post?
I don’t work for JQ or even any airline in Australia. So nothing that AIPA does affects me in any way.

I’ll give the boys and girls at QF credit for a few things. You’re all very good at what you do even if some of it is maybe a little anal. The rest of the world will agree with me on that, because I hear it from other pilots from all over the world.

But here’s where you fall down. You’re all so stuck in the past that any hint of progress into the future, there’s backlash and condemnation and instant concerns more about your pay, than the airline that you used to be; pioneering and adaptable. You all complain there’s no growth or anything new, but you’re not willing to be the ones who do what you have to do to make these things happen. Don’t look at the problems, see the solutions. Be the first to come up with pioneering ways to combat the health and fatigue issues of long haul flying and accept that maybe you might have to give something up to do it, for the future pilots.

Imagine the conversations from future QF pilots “the past generation of pilots sacrificed some of their pay so that we have long healthy careers”, rather than the alternative, “Ohh there goes Emirates doing those routes that we had an opportunity to do, but the past generation of pilots were more concerned about night credits and their wallets than the health of us”.