PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mt Cook and Air Nelson contract
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2019, 01:32
RubberDogPoop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So it's the ALPA President that ruffled your feathers?
Nope, it was the regional admin head who said that the majority of the GROUP were onside with the concept, and pitched that as a fait-accompli to the ATC-ers. They should not be allowed to put out untruths to an unaffected group within the union, who will have no idea, nor care of the impact. ATC as part of the Airline PILOTS Association is an anathema, I understand why it is in a small country like ours but they effectively become a bloc to lobby so that
We see no room for factional, orchestrated personal agendas
can be advanced.

There won't be another Eagle debacle given you have a RSL - just another "make-weight." #RSL=jobsecurity

On to the sim ride, having a six monthly sim isn’t specific to Air NZ Pilots!! So that’s not the issue
only that it was, "why should i have to do a sim" as part of the interview was the common refrain? "I'm entitled"...

the old guard who have never carried out an assessment/interview or sim are already in your ranks.
Yep, they flew planes that landed on water and got shot at during Vietnam. Relevance? That was then, this is now. Name another job anywhere in the world where you get a job without an interview? Oh, but the Air Force and ex-Cathay Captains should still do them aye?

How would you better off the "old way"? Well you would not be waiting 10 years for a turboprop command, unable to progress to the AirNZ job you covet so much as you sit in the RHS (or barely into the LHS) while those above you put in an EOI just because "it's the way the game's played", with no real motivation to upsticks and move, nor do an Airbus rating. It's likely you would also make a better fist of the process and not put a massive target on everybody behind you...If you were motivated, not entitled and passed the interview I guarantee you, you would be in sooner than you now will. But have it your way, I'm sure the company isn't 4 steps ahead of you, that cadets into your operation won't put downward pressure on your COS, that in a bust cycle the company won't require a "re"-interview of those waiting 3,4,5 years, and in a boom cycle they'll absolutely detrimentally decimate their own domestic operation in order to keep those disloyal "externals" out and take all of you forthwith.....