PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LOT Polish Airlines hiring
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2019, 01:14
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just some info about the sim LOT is using, recently I spoke with one colleague who just finished his training at the flight school I am attending, then did MCC/JOC at LOT then quickly got hired by LOT. He said that the sim is special and without having flown it before... it would be unrealistic to expect to fly it well. So maybe it would be a good idea to rent the sim and do some hours on it (its possible to rent the sim and train from what I heard).

Plus I noticed in this thread some posts of people unhappy with having the option to apply at LOT (discrimination is being claimed).... well in the past it was an airline that accepted only Polish speakers (just like Lufthansa expect you to speak German, KLM expect you to speak Dutch, SAS expect you to speak Scandinavian language, Air France expect you to speak French etc.) now its available to apply for people who do not speak Polish.... and people seem to be unhappy that they got a chance at all to apply. Its a Polish national legacy airline so its pretty obvious they prefer to do like the other national legacy airlines. Its probably opening the base in Budapest that was the reason they started recruiting non Polish speakers (Polish pilots obviously prefer to be based in Poland).

Its strange that people are not writing about "discrimination" when according to posts on this forum other national airlines require people to speak in their language and still even if you speak for example German they will prefer a native speaker at for example Lufthansa (according to posts on this forum).