PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New in-flight service on Virgin Atlantic
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2019, 20:01
capngrog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OldnGrounded
Do you have a theory about how this "clever ploy" might have been carried out? Remembering, of course, that the identities of the occupants of all the seats on the aircraft are easily verified.

Just wonderin'
One theory that comes to the remains of my mind is this: Legal Expert Van Meir met the offensive posters in the lounge prior to boarding and after discussing her job over a few drinks, they all decided that it would be fun to engage in racy repartee via the Virgin in-flight chat system. Legal Expert Van Meir would then evaluate the posts, determining which were merely offensive, and which may be actionable. Just an educational exercise, don't ya know. There are several other scenarios that come to mind, varying from plausible to the far reaches of implausible. Just make something up ... like I just did.

As to being easily identifiable from seat numbers, as pointed out by CEJM, that is not always an easy thing. I would think that for reasons of potential liability, airlines would be reluctant to release such information unless served with a subpoena. Then there's the factor of some not caring one way or the other, and others who, after a few drinks, lose all sense of caution and propriety.

I'm still curious as to what, if any, specific actions were taken by the flight attendants to deal with this horrific situation.

Cheers,
Grog