PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mt Cook and Air Nelson contract
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2019, 19:01
Kittykat2704

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KiwiAvi8er

So it’s the ALPA president who has ruffled your feathers? Fair enough. He didn’t send out the email “telling us how to vote”. Mt Cook/Air Nelson councils exist for their specific membership, they can put out messages as they see fit.

On to the sim ride, having a six monthly sim isn’t specific to Air NZ Pilots!! So that’s not the issue, but as I mentioned earlier the old guard who have never carried out an assessment/interview or sim are already in your ranks.

Have I been negatively affected by the changes to jet recruitment going back to the top of the RSL, yep, lots of us have. There’s always people affected by any decision along those lines. I’m happy with the direction the Links are going in though and can see the bigger picture.
The bigger picture is zero progression for years, and the company glossing over a major fopaux with the RSL which all the entitled link pilots who had done two minutes in the company wanted for "progression" all they've done is killed that for the guys and gals who actually deserve it and opened the door to non motivated geriatrics who can't even pass a type rating. As soon as the music starts again externals will flood in as per the norm, the company has zero loyalty to it's link ranks no matter how many flashy initiatives they wave in your face.