PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mt Cook and Air Nelson contract
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2019, 09:51
KiwiAvi8er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RubberDogPoop
Kiwiavi8or

He represents the majority of link perhaps (though one could narrow that down to an oligarchy at the top of the seniority list), he significantly misrepresented the “Jet” view, and given;

(my bolding).

he neither represented the best interests of ALPA pilots as a whole, nor the other affected party - the much maligned, evil “Jet” group. If the 1000 or so “Jet” pilots don’t represent the majority interest, ergo the 600 link pilots equally are not the MAJORITY.

I’ll say it again for clarity, the “Jet” group did not hold a firm view that “one employer” meant “jobs for the boys”, without interview. If you’re uncomfortable with a sim as part of the job interview, then you’re going to have a rough time every six months for the rest of your career at AirNZ. 70/30 achieved the “loyalty” aim without upending the entire culture of a fair go for all - even those heathens who had the temerity to get employed by Jetstar/Jet Connect/Virgin/RNZAF when (probably) Link weren’t hiring. Such is the nebulous nature of “group loyalty”.

Put your hand on your heart and tell me you’re happy (as a probable youngster) with what your brethren have done for you?
Now you’re all baling from the RHS and staring down the barrel of low pay cadets into said seat.

(Sincere apologies for mission creep/thread drift!)
So it’s the ALPA president who has ruffled your feathers? Fair enough. He didn’t send out the email “telling us how to vote”. Mt Cook/Air Nelson councils exist for their specific membership, they can put out messages as they see fit.

On to the sim ride, having a six monthly sim isn’t specific to Air NZ Pilots!! So that’s not the issue, but as I mentioned earlier the old guard who have never carried out an assessment/interview or sim are already in your ranks.

Have I been negatively affected by the changes to jet recruitment going back to the top of the RSL, yep, lots of us have. There’s always people affected by any decision along those lines. I’m happy with the direction the Links are going in though and can see the bigger picture.