PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2019, 09:02
Global Aviator

Received 129 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by Street garbage
You really an Qantas Angel, aren't you? You obviously haven't done any back of the clock flying and seen the long term health affects have you? How many of your mates have been taken away early? How many weekends have you worked lately? Comparing stacking shelves to flying- or mining-you really don't get it, do you?

Morno, I've been back in SH 3 years after 12 years in LH. 90hrs a month is a different tired to LH tired, where you didn't realise how tired you were until on 4 weeks annual leave. Both suck. Both have long term health implications. LH is worse because of jet lag/ broken sleep.
Morno,

No QF Angel, just a realist. Your delusional if you are not prepared to at least consider other back of the clock industries. I’m merely pointing out that sky gods are not the only ones suffering.

I have said many times I have not done airline LH and it doesn’t really float my boat. I have done ****e roster flying with double back of the clocks, earlies to lates to earlies to ****es. Agree it sucks but it is the industry WE chose.

The biggest problem is that flight and duty or FRMS now pushes limits that in the past would not have been dreamt of operating.

So what you have is the negotiating skills of your union, if that doesn’t work then? Find another job? I still ascertain if like the SQ days of old all you did was the ULH sectors it would be a pretty cruisey life. How many days would you work in a block? Try and convince Joe Public you work hard!!!

Everything in life changes, you just have to change with the times and get with it to make it work for you.

Oh and yes I have lost several friends along the way, industry related?