PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LOT Polish Airlines hiring
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2019, 08:14
Hawker400

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 7oodaz
hey guys, i have a question ,
now i'm Egyptian Pilot used to work for Egyptair, i'm married to a polish and now i live in Lodz, Poland.
i quit my job in egypt 1 month ago as i had to move with my wife due to family issues, i'm thinking to convert to EASA and try apply for LOT or other airline with a base close to Poland.
i've 4700 hours as FO on the B738
now the question, is it worth the headache of EASA conversion and ATPL exams, ? will i be able to get into any airlines ? like LOT ? , well , let's be realistic, i'm Arab, so would there be any sort of preference for Europeans / non-arabs ? shall i try with the EASA and apply ? or cut it short and go somewhere else in Africa or Asia ?
Thanks Folks,
The fact of the matter is that you will need an EASA license, either now or in the future.

As someone living in Poland who has converted an ICAO to EASA you should apply for the exams as soon as possible. With your hours and ATP license you can self-sponsor and go directly for the exams (1068zł). You can only do this while your rating is still valid. The practical isn't so cheap or easy but you have plenty of time to plan that once the exams are out of the way.

I think there are better options and to be honest as a foreigner in Poland even with EU passport it's a very discriminating place. But to each his own..