PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mt Cook and Air Nelson contract
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2019, 02:21
RubberDogPoop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kiwiavi8or

Although not within our ATC scope, the firmly held opinion of the majority of Air New Zealand group pilot members is that their important philosophy of one employer, one AirNZ and Regional Reintegration
He represents the majority of link perhaps (though one could narrow that down to an oligarchy at the top of the seniority list), he significantly misrepresented the “Jet” view, and given;

Our Union has never been made up solely of Air NZ Jet pilots; in fact, of the 3000 members that make up NZALPA, the majority are from other airlines, ATC, Flight Service and GA operators. Fair, transparent and unbiased leadership which considers all member interests needs to be at the forefront of strategic Union direction.
(my bolding).

he neither represented the best interests of ALPA pilots as a whole, nor the other affected party - the much maligned, evil “Jet” group. If the 1000 or so “Jet” pilots don’t represent the majority interest, ergo the 600 link pilots equally are not the MAJORITY.

I’ll say it again for clarity, the “Jet” group did not hold a firm view that “one employer” meant “jobs for the boys”, without interview. If you’re uncomfortable with a sim as part of the job interview, then you’re going to have a rough time every six months for the rest of your career at AirNZ. 70/30 achieved the “loyalty” aim without upending the entire culture of a fair go for all - even those heathens who had the temerity to get employed by Jetstar/Jet Connect/Virgin/RNZAF when (probably) Link weren’t hiring. Such is the nebulous nature of “group loyalty”.

Put your hand on your heart and tell me you’re happy (as a probable youngster) with what your brethren have done for you?
Now you’re all baling from the RHS and staring down the barrel of low pay cadets into said seat.

(Sincere apologies for mission creep/thread drift!)