PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prestwick-2
Thread: Prestwick-2
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2019, 13:17
tartan 201

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Porrohman
When they say "that a sale may be achievable by the end of 2019/20" that, to me, suggests that they are now looking at a possible sale by the end of the fiscal year 2019/20 which would be around the end of Q1 next year. The wording also suggests that a sale is by no means certain and neither is the timing.
That was my interpretation too. I wonder if perhaps the bids haven't fully been to Transport Scotland's satisfaction?

An article in The Scotsman at the weekend stated that "Prestwick executives have also held talks with Sierra Nevada Corporation, the US firm behind the Dream Chaser space plane, as part of the airport’s ambitions to host a spaceport".

The video below shows, rather impressively, the Dream Chaser being hoisted aloft by a Chinook and then landing.

Page 27 of this document lists locations for 'Dream Chaser Landing Site Studies' and lists Prestwick as one of six airports they were working with and that they "assume multiple will enter into contracts" (albeit that was from 2016, so things may have moved on).