PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATR72 Canberra runway incursion
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2019, 23:41
Ragnor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kcboy
“The flight crew later advised that, as they turned on to runway 30 they realised something was wrong, and soon after air traffic control advised them to stop.”

We will have to wait for the final report to come out here but no where does it say the take off was commenced and/or a rejected take off executed. As soon as ATC notice something wrong on the ground the standard phraseology is “stop stop stop” for anything like this - not for just a rejected take off. Again, I’m just guessing here but I would of thought had the crew started the take off, then the preliminary report would of mentioned that a rejected take off was executed. So for this reason I stand by my original thoughts - this is out of proportion, an error was made, (and a totally understandable one when I look at the airport diagram) recognised, and then rectified.
if you listen to the ATC recording there is no communication from the ATR to ATC advising them they were on the incorrect runway. In this instance Canberra tower were all over it and recognized what the crew should of.