PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unemployed (as pilots) fATPL holders
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2019, 23:28
yap800

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bryan_Air
@ yap 800,
You cant really speak your mind and say I was robbed by an integrated scheme because they will stop you getting a job etc so people who dont succeed would normally keep it to themselves. You are guaranteed nothing in this industry except you will be messed around and expected to be the most flexible of people and pay for most things yourself including hotels.
I think one of if not the most important points and something I had slight hope this thread could change
But they dont have to Identify themselves on here so can't they just tell their story but not share their face name or exact details -

Its strange (maybe annoying if they are just choosing not to share this on purpose - sorry guys) that I cant even find one or a few L3/CTC OAA/CAE FTE grads saying "I didnt get a flying job for 5 years and am now crippled by debt" why won't they tell their story if they can do it anonymously?
(granted it wont have the same effect anonymously as its less provable/believable but still its a usual thing for people to write about an outcome that has been bad for them people do this for other things like product reviews places they stay restaurants etc)

Do you think that on this forum, we can help to encourage these people to share their story, even if only anonymously?

@ yap 800, you dont need to pay for any of these schemes such as Kura, pilotix, wings alliance etc, they are for mugs! You can do it yourself by researching online etc, go to one of the free pilot events and save yourself the money or read the posts here, most pilots help each other. Its a well trodden path airline recruitment, its quite straight forward really and just differs a little on each airline.
Free pilot events - I will have to look into this maybe this is a key thing that I didn't research, thank you.
Ah yes that it true - I notice the wings alliance schools you can just contact each school and organise it yourself - maybe the "wings alliance" etc is them trying to make a brand by joining so that they can maybe get placements and compete with the big integrated schools?
@ yap 800,

The only ones that dont get jobs are the ones that give up. I have met a few that never got an airline job who wanted one and they go back to what they did before, if you cant get one at home then you need to go abroad and do one of the eastern european etc ones then come home with experience etc.
r.....
Thank you - do you think hanging in there a long time is key to success - how long usually before employers think that you are too long out of training (despite keeping everything current and even an aviation related job?)

you mean sometimes if they cant get a job soon they just give up?
eastern european ones to get experience? you mean airlines or training schools?
Thank you there were a lot of valuable points in that post