PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disappointing F35 display at RIAT
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2019, 01:56
NutLoose

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,253 Posts
As you know I do photography, the odd show but being in the industry I tend not to do much aircraft stuff, I do the odd show like Cosford but working at a busy international airport I wouldn't dream of going to sit at the fence and photograph them, however I realise some it is their dream, so if I can help I do, you would be surprised how many I have got to sit in and photograph a Spit, really it's just another aircraft to me, but I realise it's big and small boys dreams, so if I can help I do.

Strangely I tended to favour bird photography, not because I am into birds, but because hides have seats, it's peaceful, relaxing and my prime lenses weigh a ton weight, I just like capturing them at their best and different subjects, you get the "twitchers" that say have you seen the greater spotted lesser humped duck and I just shrug my shoulders and say no.

I've picked up a few species names but most allude me, for me it's about the photography and improving, not really the bird.
i must be doing something right as one of my shots was one of the ten images featured on I think last years BBC TV's Spring Watch page, favourites to photograph has to be Kingfishers, simply because they are rather shy. Sorry for the thread drift but I did feel the need to address some of the adverse comments re photographers. And now perhaps you will allow me one more drift.

Last edited by NutLoose; 2nd Oct 2019 at 02:12.