PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice from JET 2 pilots please
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2019, 21:33
strobelighton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So if the pool is such a great place to be, why would Jet2’s fwd thinking regds the failure thomas cook make the slightest bit of difference? It will.

You imply that once the assesments are passed, a job offer will follow.
NOT true! The J2 pool is a collection of applicants that have passed the and reached minimum level set by J2. Thats it.
Many pass their assesment days, but never start. Why? Well because another candidate is more suitable, wether rated, chooses the base that’s recruiting, or simply scored higher in the assesment.
Nobody said it was 'great'... Logically it would make the difference because the goalposts have moved with regards to fleet size, bases, passenger numbers in different areas, future plans....and subsequently how many pilots they need and where. A lot to think about suddenly, so sifting through CVs might be put on the back burner...

I never implied a job offer would follow, However your post suggests that any people in the holding pool have somehow probably been 'passed over', which is simply and factually not the case, if it meant one had failed in some way they simply wouldn't go to the trouble to leave a candidate 'hanging on'... what would be the point in that for anyone involved?

Without knowing the individuals involved, I'm not sure it is an accurate statement to make a sweeping generalisation about someone's employment prospects or whether they have been successful at selection based on a few sentences on pprune where they are ultimately seeking reassurance, and haven't posted anything to suggest otherwise.

The game is hard and uncertain enough without people needlessly fanning the flames of doubt.

I suppose companies show interest as they have the pick of a large group of experienced pilots, available to start with very little notice, which makes life easy from a planning point of view... but I'm sure they'll have to go through the selection just like everybody else... and maybe end up in a hold pool whilst they coordinate who is going to fit where? Or does everyone they interview just start immediately the day after?

In 2016 I posted this re Thomas Cook.

Unless you are a low hour wannabe , it would be a brave move to join TC with the likelihood of significant downward corrections in the european leisure travel business. Read contraction
whilst you are on a roll.... I don't suppose you have the winning numbers for this weeks lottery?

Last edited by strobelighton; 1st Oct 2019 at 21:53.