PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unemployed (as pilots) fATPL holders
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2019, 11:52
magicmick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank-you

Thank-you so much for your kind words. In many ways I have been lucky in that I am healthy, I have a wonderful wife and son, I have a well paid job that isn’t the job that I dreamed of and doesn’t enthuse or inspire me but it allows me to provide for my family, pay for my son to attend a better school than my wife and I ever went to and give him the opportunities and education that we never had. I also live in a nice area with no debts outstanding on the house or anywhere else, I drive a reasonable car and have a great circle of friends. The only piece missing is the flying job that would make everything complete, but as many people have pointed out, it’s just a job and after a period of time it would become just day to day work with it’s bad points as well as good points. I do not regret flying training and if I had not trained I would probably have tortured myself with ‘what if’ questions for the rest of my life. I am not bitter from the experience and I would never tell anyone not to train or to give up their dream, I truly hope that the dark days for aviation lift soon and that those that are searching for their first flying job now and those that are currently training enjoy every success.