PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAE Oxford - Contracts for 2020
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2019, 19:09
B61

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is ATPL groundschool in Brussels ( the IR flying was done in Antwerp but that closed and students had to switch to Oxford). I supposed it depends on who is the overall approving authority for the integrated course. Could it be that there reverse was true and the CAA added Brussels and Amsterdam to the list of approved places for CAE ?

EASA was always very sniffy about training being done outside an EASA state. What my have been snuck through by OAA ( as was) in 2001 based on some grandfather rights from the early 90s would be very unlikely today.

i think L3 read the tea leaves correctly when they closed down in Phoenix and moved to Portugal. It all hinges on if the UK stays in EASA. The CAA is re-establishing certification capability, so suggests they can see the writing on the wall.

my guess is that there will be no news on "contracts" until after 31st October !

The he other major issue is exchange costs. L3 were doing a lot of VFR training in Bournemouth and have recently opened in Cranfield. The current rate of £ to $ just wiped out any cost advantage, and the other problem was that they just could not get hold of sufficient instructors as they all left to go to regional airlines in the US.