PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737NGs have cracked 'pickle forks' after finding several in the jets.
Old 30th Sep 2019, 05:24
WingNut60

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Grebe
This is going far afield- suggest you take the time to read available catalogs and such from Fatigue technology
generally ( from long ago memory ) sleeves were steel when used in aluminum, and I ** think* heat treated. were there different ones used in steel or in 6AL4V titanium ?- dont think so. Lots of earlier discussion and testing re internal or external sleeve lubrication . But that was 30 to 40 years ago.

My point is/was it is and has been a common technique used world wide for over 40 years in the industry . Why not just drop the detailsm and wait till we find out just where the cracks are-were. BTW- lou champoux was at the desk next to mine for a year or so - and there is much more involved then needs explanation here.
Thanks for the input. As mentioned earlier, I was just interested in the general process, not how it might or might not apply to pickle forks.
I asked again about about the sleeve material because I thought you might know. I'd have settled for an "I don't know".