PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unemployed (as pilots) fATPL holders
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2019, 17:03
P40Warhawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yap800
P40 Warhawk, thank you for sharing your story, and well done for hanging in there and making it happen.

Do you think your experience as a flight attendent helped to get the job and show employers that you were still trying to keep in touch and not give up?

Would you mind sharing how and where you trained e.g. modular/integrated wich school (I'm not going to hijack this thread with this question but good to have context in relation to your story), how you performed during training etc?

What alternative ways of building experience did you look for?
did you apply for flight instructor jobs also?

Also I notice your location is germany is this where you are from or where you live at the moment - where are you from btw?
I keep in middle where I am from but yes I do live in Germany .

Started training in Baltic Aviation Academy. Integrated. We were first Ab Initio ATPL Students of BAA. At that time they only had ONE C152, but soon got 3 Tecnam P2002JF's and later one C172SP G1000. The MEP was rented from another school.

I was not much of an Ace, but I passed all exams and checkrides in first attempt. That was also my goal. Especially at that time there were some airlines where you can only apply when you have only first time passes.

Graduated in 2013. Nothing possible to get a job.

If Airlines see FA experience as a good experience is hard to say. I enjoyed the job a lot. Had many nice colleagues and I am very thankful I obtained also experience behind the cockpit door and the interaction with the passengers. A lot of useful skills there.

In meanwhile still nothing happening. I made the decision to go for self sponsored TR B737, which I also obtained in BAA. Straight after finishing I had an assessment which I sadly didnt pass. 1 year later via someone I know in my former company I got in that company and obtained around 500 on the B737 and now in my second company.