PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Annoying habits
Thread: Annoying habits
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2019, 11:58
Tom!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Fat Controller
From a retired Scottish Control ATCO and I believe this is still the attitude.

From very little to too much !

If you asked ME and it was entirely in my sector, almost an instant decision PROVIDED that the airfield you were landing at could agree to the route and service.

If it involved more sectors, more calls, and more agreement from ALL involved, a bit of a pain actually.

One controller could be quiet but the next could already have a handful several already on DS and not be able to take more.

Quite a few who request directs and DS have absolutely no concept of what is actually happening below FL250, have not bothered to read any NOTAMs regarding military exercises or Danger Areas (because they plan in CAS) and do not know of the existence of TRAs and the freedom this gives the military.

I think the answer is, feel free to ask but don't expect an instant decision and realise a refusal will be for a very good reason, to keep you SAFE.
Guilty as charged
SAB direct EDI 24 instead of routing via AGPED.

Do appreciate the service and coordination it requires as it saves a lot of time for us (provided no glider activity as then I always stick to CAS NATEB/AGPED/HAVEN)