PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2019, 11:18
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ZULUBOY
Confirmed with Flybe that the three bookings we have to and/or from TXL are all cancelled. No alternative routings offered
Appalling behaviour from Flybe in terms of customer service and care. I have had my flights BHX-TXL cancelled at the end of November, again no offer of any help or alternative routings.

It is of course no major surprise: Connect/VS have made it clear that their focus is LHR and MAN, I should imagine the BE network from BHX will be substantially smaller next summer, thanks goodness EZY are jumping in on EDI and GLA. There is no VS operation to feed into at BHX! However it is the way that Flybe have sneakily culled these routes that have got me angry, and their lack of interest in offering any assistance to help with wrecked travel plans. Shabby as f**k.

Of course the other worry is that I doubt BHX have a Plan B, again heads will have been stuck in sand, just like years ago before BA withdrew. Flybe have been on the wire for a long time and the worry is that this could be the first in a series of culls - I would put good money on none of the French regional routes being back in 2020, at least TXL, LYS and MXP are (for now) back on sale from Feb. I guess seasonal is better than nothing.....

So, for me, Flybe's and BHX's loss will be FR and EMA's gain.....