PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Here We Go Again - Divide and Rule.
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2019, 06:43
The name is Porter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LS, I can’t help but feel that you are hanging around aero club bars full of grumpy old men talking about the “good old” days, lamenting CASA and their big axe.
(The aeroclub bars are empty these days)

Hey Squawk, what good ole days would they be? I started flying in the late 80's, early 90's I remember Bankstown being so full of aircraft that you'd taxy around for 15 minutes looking for a park. The Tower was staffed properly and they used all 3 runways, learned lots in those days. Gees, if I remember correctly they'd have 10-12 in the training circuit? They 'gently reminded' you of how wide your circuit was if it was crap.

Since starting AusWebCams.com, one thing I’ve noticed when working with airport owners/operators and pilots is how POSITIVE the aviation scene is right now.
I reckon a fair whack of that is RAAus? And to be honest, that scene is pretty good and positive.

Not a week will go by where I don’t hear from a group of passionate aviators who call me up wanting to install cameras at their airport. We’re taking vibrant clubs with a younger growing membership.
That'd definitely be RAAus.

You only have to look at the Australian YouTube scene, the Bush Flying groups on Facebook, the RA-Aus benefiting from a younger and more vibrant leadership, plus the huge STOL movement to know that Aviation is growing momentum and is a positive place to be in this country.
Definitely RAAus the majority of that, especially the STOL?

Bit of a theme going on here?

As Glen continually says, all the GA industry wants is clear and concise, readable and understandable legislation. It's not. I do some Instructor Ratings, a fair amount of the course is taken up interpreting legislation. That should not be the case.

Sled is right, no matter what you think of his personality or his writing manner. Get out of this bubble, go to the States, when I first started flying there I had people literally toss me the keys to their aircraft for a fly. After I converted my licence and did the Flight Review my very first flight was ferrying a mates aircraft into Oshkosh, no-one sitting beside me to hold my hand. Couldn't have been simpler. There's no way I'd ask an overseas licenced pilot on their first solo flight into a Class D tower here.

For all of the garbage and exorbitant cost of 'safety' happening here, safety outcomes are no better, they're simply not. Our GA aviation is more similar to the US so EASA is not relevant here.