PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Here We Go Again - Divide and Rule.
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2019, 03:15
Cedrik

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Squawk7700
LS, I can’t help but feel that you are hanging around aero club bars full of grumpy old men talking about the “good old” days, lamenting CASA and their big axe.

Since starting AusWebCams.com, one thing I’ve noticed when working with airport owners/operators and pilots is how POSITIVE the aviation scene is right now. Not a week will go by where I don’t hear from a group of passionate aviators who call me up wanting to install cameras at their airport. We’re taking vibrant clubs with a younger growing membership. You only have to look at the Australian YouTube scene, the Bush Flying groups on Facebook, the RA-Aus benefiting from a younger and more vibrant leadership, plus the huge STOL movement to know that Aviation is growing momentum and is a positive place to be in this country.
I don’t think I’ve read a single post on Facebook about a negative CASA experience.
What I have heard though, is pilots that do really dumb things usually get their just deserts. There was a pilot lost his license in court in Melbourne last week, but he had many pervious chances to clean up his act over the years, but chose not to.

If GA is going gangbusters then why is there no activity at most airfields? How long is it since you've heard an aircraft in rural areas? There was atime when if you walk outside you could hear an aircraft, now maybe a couple of times a year is about it. The only regular flying is Air Ambulance doing the taxi service and the odd fire machine in the summer. As for farcebook, not everybody is on it or wants to be. Talk to any GA pilot/operator and they will tell you what CASA is doing to GA. Remember the CASA moto "We're not happy till your not happy", pretty much sums it up.