PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots vote to strike
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2019, 01:07
gtseraf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 77
A bit harsh. I used to work for BEA then BA and also did a stint in BA Airtours. We always got some stick in the holiday destinations from the other charter guys, usually good natured. There is obviously a lot going on in the industry that I am not party to. But what seems clear is that management is determined to change the status of pilots "into glorified busdrivers". A backward step for one will eventually affect all. Best of luck to you all, you really need to support each other. By the way I have done some time as a BALPA rep and sat across the table from BA management. They are not interested in the long term future of the company. We were.

Good point made, many pilots in the industry are excluded from any group representation, a cynical move by management to change the status and package, as you say. I have been reading some articles about the recent BA strike and see many people are very critical of the pilots many calling them greedy, selfish, etc and applauding management. Pilots worldwide really do need to stand up and start selling the profession properly or we are doomed. When unions choose to take industrial, I reckon they should engage in PR companies to sell their image to the public, There is a definite campaign afoot to reduce the pilot packages (execs get massive bonusses for this!), time the pilot group started fighting back.