PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2019, 19:46
ZULUBOY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OltonPete
Add Lyon by the look of it.

I don't mind them cutting routes as that is there prerogative but the late nature making it difficult for alternative arrangements to be made by pax (I bet Flybe have offered to fly pax via AMS & CDG) and also to get the routes replaced.

Don't get me wrong this is not a surprise as there were rumours but why leave it 4 weeks before.

PDXCWL45

Hamburg is a Dash flight and Hanover occasionally but the others are jets and it didn't take much working out Milan had no future especially after the Manchester service curtailment was announced. Berlin Lyon, Hanover and Hamburg were also fairly obvious not so would be Stuttgart and Dusseldorf but I expect the same in the future along with the seasonal French routes leaving reduced domestics and perhaps Knock.

easyjet is the obvious replacement for Berlin, Milan, Lyon and could be operated from the European base, Hanover could be lost and maybe Hamburg by FR although they seem comatose at BHX.

Pete
My wife and daughter are due to fly to TXL on 27th December (me and my son are taking the train) and we've had no notification of cancellation or rearrangement yet