PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unemployed (as pilots) fATPL holders
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2019, 14:17
Bryan_Air

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ yap 800, you dont need to pay for any of these schemes such as Kura, pilotix, wings alliance etc, they are for mugs! You can do it yourself by researching online etc, go to one of the free pilot events and save yourself the money or read the posts here, most pilots help each other. Its a well trodden path airline recruitment, its quite straight forward really and just differs a little on each airline.

The only ones that dont get jobs are the ones that give up. I have met a few that never got an airline job who wanted one and they go back to what they did before, if you cant get one at home then you need to go abroad and do one of the eastern european etc ones then come home with experience etc. You cant really speak your mind and say I was robbed by an integrated scheme because they will stop you getting a job etc so people who dont succeed would normally keep it to themselves. You are guaranteed nothing in this industry except you will be messed around and expected to be the most flexible of people and pay for most things yourself including hotels.

If I had my time over again, I wouldnt do it to be honest, 3 years of my life and 80k I spent maybe but then if I hadnt of done it I would of wished I had done it so catch 22 or I would of liked to have done it in the 80s or 90s. TCX going down the pan now just shows the very hard market conditions you work in, BA highest paid on average I think and they strike, Avanti and some other airlines all gone bust recently, even Ryanair saying a year off unpaid leave or we will sack you. TCX charged via Iago £750 for the interview, what other industry does that to attend an interview? There is clearly alot of over capacity in the market hence all these airlines going bust and bases closing and I think people fly less than they used to now.

Pilots are expected to just suck it all up as BAU while terms and conditions deteriorate further.....