PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Annoying habits
Thread: Annoying habits
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2019, 10:03
terrain safe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK. Quick response re runway exits. All I want is you off the runway. 1st or 2nd exit, I don't care, what is important is the TIME you are on the runway. We set up arrival gaps to give us enough time to either continually land aircraft or land and then depart an aircraft before the next lander. In other word we us a physical gap distance to give us time. Now I understand that you some times float etc and that's fine just don't stop and then slowly taxy the 400m to the next exit. The system can't cope with that, so we then send then next arrival around, either with an aircraft lined up or not, but we have lost a gap, maybe 2. This is critical in a High intensity operation. It takes 3 to 4 minutes before either the next lander or arrival. This then pushes everyone back by this time. So an aircraft at the holding point with a couple in front, who was going to be airborne in the slot time, will now miss the slot and may get a huge delay etc. So you see it's not just one or two aircraft who are affected it can be many. This is why I have grey hair (but I still have my hair!!).