PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Brunei
Thread: Royal Brunei
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2003, 14:53
Life as a journey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's not God's Blessed Country, but it is peaceful enough. Cynical? Been to Iraq then, have we?

The country's pro's and con's aside, there is a deterioration in the affairs of the airline that are not being addressed.

Should they be addressed on PPRuNe?

I don't know really, but the frustration of almost every pilot is palpable, though not great enough for anyone to crow about specifics on PPRuNe. Perhaps it should stay that way. No-one really thinks this discussion solves anything, do they?

What does, is representation, at every opportunity. It is required by those of conscience who have to deal with the crap. It is required by those who have a spine. And it is welcomed, though not entirely encouraged, by more folks than you may imagine.

If you feel you have a gripe, and there are many, go in and state your beef. Be a man about it, not a mouse. No use berating me for writing this. I'm no company man. Just get off your butt and go make your point. The DFO may not listen of course. But at least you'll be acting in a way that you can, in a small way, be pleased with.

This PPRuNe business of complaining to like-minded individuals is thoroughly ineffective, if you want to look at it realistically.

Don't go sick 'cause you've flown too much; don't complain about the awesome lack of planning on the one and only challenging route we do without saying something meaningful to the one person who wrote that drivel (couldn't help myself); don't derail the DFM's efforts - at least he's trying; don't moan about how the COM's FDP section is badly written, read AKL and discretion... at least not until you've actually exercised your interpretation and done what is right!

This is not Stalag Singapore. You won't get hung for standing up for what you think is right. Nor is it Cathay Pacific, circa 1980. It isn't the best paid job, nor is it the worst.

The list of issues is long and challenging. But it doesn't get any shorter from the supposed help of moles on PPRuNe.

Meantime, make life work for you.

Take the jobs that're out there, now, paying better money, offering block days off, a REAL, workable plan, not to mention the type of responses from management that actually motivate the troops, not just reward them with better pay.

This is not a post about idealism. It's a realistic way to approach the crap being dished out. Don't just complain about it; do something constructive.

And if the company won't listen, at least you tried before leaving them to rot in their own faeces.

Last edited by Life as a journey; 8th Nov 2003 at 15:10.