PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - forced to pay for a type rating!
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2003, 07:00
opsmaneurope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CH4 obviously has an involvement with Global Aviation however if it wasn't for all the rumour-mongering going on I guess he wouldn't feel it necessary to come here and defend, what appears to be, a legitimate and honest business.
I recall my first boss in this industry, he had been a ramp-basher at London/Croydon airport, telling me how he had to salute the flight deck each time an aircraft taxied off stand.
Likewise and again in the good old days, anyone who dared to question or indeed critise the Royals would have been executed.
We all need to move with the times whether we like it or not, wannabes decide to be pilots because they know that at the end of the day they will be earning higher than average salaries, much the same as university graduates will also earn higher than average salaries.
Until such time as climate conditions change wannabe pilots, as do university graduates, need to accept they will accumulate a debt before earning 'big time'.
Any that don't like nor accept that, well nobody is forcing you, in fact I was at the local Tesco's today, they're looking for staff with no mention of any training costs nor bonding!