PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mooney 2POB missing west of Coffs Harbour
Old 24th Sep 2019, 12:58
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
Lead Balloon is. correct, but what you #4#4wits miss is the point that you can end up with a criminal conviction for infringing some arcane, convoluted and capriciously enforced regulation. Which is different from any other law in Australia. THAT is what is killing your industry like a slow acting weed killer.

Regarding clearances to CTA boundaries, Lead Baloon is correct. It is an offense as I remember it. What you ****ers don’t understand is that CASA doesn’t publicize the removal of any or all such prohibitions. So those of us who. don’t spend every second reviewing the rules err on the side of personal legal safety. It is not enough to remove a sentence in a regulation against doing something.. Only a ******* idiot would take that as permission from CASA to do whatever it was.

As far as I am concerned, and any prudent pilot, there is a prohibition against planning a VFR flight path within 1 or 2 nm. of a CTA boundary until CASA explicitly gives permission to the contrary. Removing a reference doesn’t cut it. They might have shoved it somewhere else.

I cannot seem to get it through to you that the threat of criminal prosecution is a deal breaker for most Australians, especially professionals.