PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2019, 22:08
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thomas Cook /Jet2

Thomas Cook

Best wishes for all the staff and hopefully a quick return to employment after this terrible day.

My own story is from this year and somewhat explains one of the problems they had. What turned out to be my first and last return flight on Thomas Cook Airlines was actually booked through another travel agent that took seats on their flight, which was around £100 each cheaper than on the TC site and a better choice of accommodation.

Naturally without a second thought I booked with the other travel agent from home using the agents website and it was all done within 30 minutes. My eldest daughter used TC last summer and was not impressed with the service she got for the price paid with staff in the resort unhelpful or rude and needless to say there was no booking with them this summer. They seemed to be behind the game at BHX since the arrival of Jet2.

Jet2

Clearly they had a plan as the speed additional flights have been added was breath-taking.

The 11th based aircraft has been reactivated from October with extra flights to Antalya, Dalaman, Canaries, Palma, Mahon amongst others. Some of the increased run into the winter with some days at peak times seeing 3 Arrecifes' and 3 Tenerife's a day.

October half-term seems 9 Antalya flights and 8 Dalaman, which of course were two strong Thomas Cook services.

The winter base utilises between 1 and 11 aircraft a day with Christmas, New Year and February half-term particularly well catered for.

Pete