PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mooney 2POB missing west of Coffs Harbour
Old 23rd Sep 2019, 11:22
junior.VH-LFA

Received 72 Likes on 25 Posts
I use both, the metaphor was in reference to the use of transponders in Class E. Sorry to give you an aneurism sunny. Avalon E works quite nicely, both at work but also on the weekend when I’ve used it. I’d hate to be arriving there though if VFR traffic weren’t on mode C.

I think I’ve pointed out multiple times now that I pay for my own flying, I’m not exactly not on your side. If anything I have quite a balanced view (or at least, I like to think so) as both sides of the argument affect me as it does a lot of others. You’ll have noticed I’ve never said anything in support ASICs, costs of regulation, many of the bizarre restrictions placed on us as pilots just want to enjoy flying. I have plenty of my own red tape grievances with our regulator, which while not appropriate to share, have been no end of frustrating to me.

Things like asking for clearances, filing flight plans and squawking aren’t hard or I’d think massive concessions in the modern age. On the contrary they make things safer for everyone and are quite practical. Directly in this thread, planning not to use Coffs CTA (if that’s what occurred) due to it being too burdensome is a bit silly.

Maybe I am a little slow, but I do do this most days of the year, in varying capacities. Both IFR and VFR paying my way, I love flying, not just as a job but believe it or not as a hobby. There’s balance to what everyone wants; what we have now is too far in one way, what others want is too far the other.

Last edited by junior.VH-LFA; 23rd Sep 2019 at 12:24.