PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mooney 2POB missing west of Coffs Harbour
Old 23rd Sep 2019, 10:36
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
LFA:
It should be an unalienable Australian right to be able to take your skateboard on the freeway and make trucks and buses try and avoid you. No one owns the roads.
Now we see your true colours; you are 'trucks and buses' we are just teenage tattooed scum using skateboards.....and YOU own the roads.

Get this straight VH - LFA, I have just spent seven weeks in Europe driving the Autoroutes, Autobahns and Autostradas for only about 4034 km. Over there, in civilised countries, the trucks are required to drive at least 10 kmh slower than us "scum" in mere cars and the trucks are not allowed to drive in the outer lanes which have to be kept free for cars. Why? For safety of course! it has been that way for at least 40 years! Perhaps we need to tighten the restrictions on how YOU fly and leave us skateboard riders alone.

I think you must be a little slow. I have never noticed problems in the U.S. separating traffic. It appears to me that RAAF and RPT pilots here are either inept or *******, sorry, "risk averse", or perhaps both because no one else seems to need the huge exclusion zones you inflict on us, or maybe its just snobbery, you don't like to share with ordinary folk... i guess that's possible since you don't appear to like the American egalitarian model. Do you perhaps hanker for the days of brooklands and biggin hill? Dancing at the Savoy? When only proper gentlemen flew aircraft?