PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots vote to strike
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2019, 07:32
3Greens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by beamer
Can we please get away from debates about flying hours which as everyone should know mean very little in the overall scheme of things. A BA pal of mine tells me he logs hours when he is asleep in the crew rest area for heavens sake !

Pilots at BA do live in a cosseted world but that is not a problem of their own making, it is how that airline and many other flag carriers operate. I flew with many pilots on the 75/76 who would not lift a finger to help out pax,engineers or cabin crew or simply go the extra mile to get the job done and whilst I flew with a significant airline, it certainly was not BA.

did you discount any time you got up for a wee, or went for a physiological break in the cabin during the cruise? Bunk time is a requirement for extended FDP by way of augmenting the crew. Let’s be under no illusions here, the bunks are uncomfortable, often filthy and you get woken up by all the usual noises the aeroplane makes. You’re lucky if you get an hour or two at most. Some seem to think it’s like a full night kip in your own bed.