PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unemployed (as pilots) fATPL holders
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2019, 15:07
MCDU2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlyingEngineer

Certainly the correct decision to return to your previous employment for everyone’s sake.

Having started my career in Engineering and moved into commercial flying I certainly prefer the later. Now over ten years flying have no regrets but it’s what you make of it that counts.

Talking to to a colleague the other day an interesting observation we have made is people who proclaim to be “bored/unmotivated” etc are actually often struggling with the operation and use being bored as a kind of smoke screen to cover over some pretty average performances..
"Bored, oh no one ever told me that before, bare face lying to the captain, lack of interest, unwillingness to do any amount of research without being spoonfed the answer, lots of deflection off topic when tough questions are being put to them, lack of personal responsibility". Unfortunately traits that are becoming all to common in the RHS these days. Many would spend the turnaround on their phone if allowed to. Most never take out a manual in the cruise and wonder how come they don't know the Part A and B. Most are happy to troll out the same script as a brief which quickly unravels when they ask you if you have any questions and they are unable to deal with the necessary. Still these heroes all insist that they are ready for command. Thankfully the checking and training departments are thinning them out. On a brighter note there are still the shining stars that come through flight schools as well which make for a pleasant day and you are only to happy to offer guidance to.